Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Guilty Pleasures; Start your Engines!!!!

Pretend that I am nimble enough to do cartwheels and back flips! Go on...do it...do it!

Sorry, but I just have to share in my excitement that I just finished my Native American Literature course. I stayed up till 1:00 finishing up my 10 page final paper. I then woke up at 6:15 so I could drive 70 miles and hand write 10 pages for my final exam (no exaggeration, if I get it back I'll take a picture of it and show you. It was insane.) Not to mention he had us complete a two page (typed) critique of his class. In response to the last request, I wrote a three page response as to how I didn't believe a 2 page paper was the best use of our time and not the most efficient way to gain feedback. He promised to give us full points just for turning it in. Hopefully he sticks to that promise.

This whole rant is reminding me that I should profile Native American Literature for my genre profiles. Look for that in the near future. Since I just wrote about 20 pages of it, I need a day or two to recuperate.

Now onto the pleasure principle: my reading!

I actually get to read what ever I want for how ever I want. Time to polish off that TBR pile. Oh the decisions! Oh the agony of having to chose! Oh the glorious smell of the library and the infinite possibilities that await in between the pages! But you know that feeling don't you?

So if you had 2 weeks to read what ever you wanted what would you pick. I typically read 2-3 books per week, so I need 4-6ish selections. Help me make a list. I hope to have it up by Monday.

As always, happy reading!
Heather

No comments: