Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Edge Chronicles - Beyond The Deepwoods * 5 Stars

Beyond the Deepwoods (Edge Chronicles, Book 1) Beyond the Deepwoods by Paul Stewart


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
All I have to say is WOW and why am I just discovering this series. One good thing about discovering a series after it has been out for awhile is that I get to plow through them all at once instead of waiting.

While structured as a classic quest story, Beyond the Deepwoods is anything but predictable. Sure we have the small insignificant Twig that find himself on a journey that leads him into peril and self discover. The familiarity of an epic quest only sets the stage for a world filled with imagination and possibilities.

I have to say that I love the characters. All of them! They are extremely unique and add to the overall story to a point where it wouldn't be the same without them.

The best thing about the story is that I read it aloud to my 7 year-old daughter. Almost everyday before we got ready for bed she would urge me to hurry so she could see "what Twig is up to."

This is a great read for all ages. I found it in the children's section of my library but don't let that fool you. I am just as excited to see what Twig is up to as my daughter!

View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

Sheila Deeth said...

I love stumbling on series when they're already written - lots of good reading and less waiting. This sounds like just my sort of things. Thanks for the intro.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

You are lucky you are discovering them now, with many of them out already.

I have only read the first two and really enjoyed them! They are certainly unique!

Tea said...

I bet the series is great.