Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - Wurthering Heights




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

 First of all, I must admit that I can't remember if I have read this...did I start? Did I finish? I'm a few chapters in and it all seems so strangely familiar. I read Jane Eyre in high school and am thinking that I read this too. I totally sound like an air head, but I guess that's what happens over 20 years of reading almost 100 books a year!


So here's to a semi-conscious reread:
page 249: "If I consent to burn them, will you promise faithfully, neither to send nor receive a letter again, nor a book (for I perceive you have sent him books), no locks of hair, nor rings, nor playthings?"

Happy Reading!
Heather

3 comments:

Ash said...

I experienced the "Did I read this?" reread earlier this year. It was kind of fun when I realized I did read the book before, kind of like discovering it all over again.

Laura Hartness said...

Nice teaser! I've never read Wuthering Heights, and I really should.

And don't worry, you're not alone in the "Did I read this?" issue. While I come nowhere close to your books per year rate, I forget content very quickly. That's one reason I started my blog-- by writing my book reviews, I have record of my thoughts and can go back to read them. Those saved thoughts help me retain the story in my mind.

Thanks again for stopping by my blog. I hope you win a copy of the Maze Runner, too!

Laura Hartness
The Calico Critic

Erin said...

Nice teaser!

I think a lot of people have that reaction to this book. I know I haven't read it, something I'm ashamed to admit, although it's been in my TBR stack for... I can't even remember how long. I do have it slated for July as part of the Celebrate the Authors Reading Challenge, so I'll finally get that taken care of. :)