Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Giver by Lois Lowry - 5 Stars

The Giver (The Giver, #1) The Giver by Lois Lowry


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Wonderful Young-Adult/Sci-Fi

The Receiver is a living receptacle for the communities memories and emotions both new and old. With the Receiver there is no sense of pain, loss, love, or joy.

As the new Receiver begins his training and along with it the accumulation of memories past, he realizes that it is up to him to do something about it.


View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

Bryce L. said...

I loved that book back in the day. I really need to do a reread. Thanks for the review!

seak
seaks.blogspot.com

allikat313 said...

Love this book. The ending leaves you wondering lol
Have you read Gathering Blue?
It's the companion novel by the same author. Its just as good/maybe better. I read it in 8th grade after we were assigned The Giver


http://funfiction411.blogspot.com/

Simcha said...

The Giver has been in my To Read pile for a couple of months now, ever since I joined the YA Dystopia Challenge, which I failed to complete because I couldn't get a hold of any of the books that I wanted to read. I finally got a hold of The Giver and plan on reading it soon.