Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Take Time for Your Life - Book Review 4 Stars

Take Time for Your Life Take Time for Your Life by Cheryl Richardson


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
In all honesty, I would rather rate this a 3 1/2. However, Goodreads does not allow that option and I am leaning more towards the 4 mark. While the main principles Richardson uses to guide the readers into taking care of themselves are basic, they are practical none the less.

The biggest thing that helped me was identifying my energy drains and setting my "must do list." With a world in which faster is better and quantity often beats quality, it is nice to reaffirm yourself that you do not need to do/have it all. Taking stock and setting your priorities allow you to get the most out of life without stressing yourself to the point that you cannot enjoy it.

I recommend this book for people who feel that there life is moving to fast and have a difficult time juggling everything all at once. Set all of those balls you are juggling down, grab your spouse/partner/child/friend, and focus on them. Your relationships will give you a satisfaction that cannot be obtained by material objects (yes, I mean money too!)

View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

tweezle said...

I came here through Book Blogs and your comment about the Edge Chronicles. I love your blog and your reviews!

I'm now a follower.
Tweezle from Just One More Paragraph

Mel u said...

I found your blog via the book blog hop-I am a follower now and am looking forward to reading all your future posts-

bookaddict4real said...

I am glad you were honest about your opinion of the book because
I was considering buying this
book. I hope we get some more book
reviews on self help issues