Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Joining the Bloggiesta!




So I'm a bit late to the part, oh well! Better late than never.

The Challenge: Set Goals for 2010

There’s nothing quite like publicly committing to something to motivate you to do it, so take a break from the bloggy action and spend some time thinking about what you want to do with your blog in 2010. If you’re like me, you have some kind of blogging routine. This is your opportunity to evaluate your blogging practices, shake things up, and dedicate yourself to a set of self-appointed goals for the coming year.
Some ideas to get you started:
  • Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your blog and identity opportunities for improvement. My favorite part of my blog is that I reply to the comments that are left for me, I really enjoy that interaction. A few areas for improvement include: visiting the sites of my commenters more often, develop a more comprehensive format for my reviews - not necessarily longer, just covering the elements of the book so it's not just a yeah or nah.
  • Take a look at your blog’s content. How can you make it better? I would like to cut down on some of my blog clutter. I will use links instead of buttons for contests and get rid of some of the gadgets.
  • Explore your blog stats. I love the networking with other bloggers part. I blog to connect to other readers. I will increase my involvement by commenting on other blogs the most. I would also like to add a wider variety of content - interviews, author exploration, and genre topics.
  • Seek inspiration. I enjoy the blogs that discuss the genres I like. With that in mind, I will make sure to read and include books that are of high interest, not just what is going around the book world.
  • Set goals related to the topic of your blog. I have already joined several reading challenges and am hosting one myself. My biggest one is the 100 books in 2010. All of the books I read for other challenges will fit into this one. :) I will use a spreadsheet to chart my progress.
  • Now, how are you going to make it happen? Read more and enjoy it!

Ready, Set, Go!

No comments: