Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
2 Stars -Dropped it after 100 pages

I went
back and forth, back and forth in terms of what I should do with this book. All of the hype of Dan Brown that went along with the DaVinci Code just did not meet my expectations.

The premise is a good one. The ancient battle of science over creation. One that has led to many deaths during the Enlightenment Period. I was intrigued with the philosophy of the Illuminati. Well that's about as much as the book has to offer.

Sure the insights into the history of Catholicism is interesting. Having been born and raised as Catholic, I could relate to the rigidity of the church. However, I feel that many of the ideals and beliefs shared during the first 100 pages were extremely anti-Catholic, glaringly so...which was annoying.

When does one know when to call it quits? When one is eyeballing their every growing stash of to-be-read books. Usually I like to read a book before I watch the movie, but in this case I think I will just rent the DVD.

Happy Reading!
Heather

3 comments:

J. D. Michael Phelps said...

Good Morning 5Peasinapod,

Thank you for your review of Dan Brown's new novel. You have saved me! I saw him with Matt Lauer on the Today Show, and was interested. Having seen your review, I won't waste my time.

Thak you, Have a great weekend.

Heather Thomas - advocate for change said...

I saw the movie last night and they got through the first 100+ pages within the first 3 minutes of the movie. I don't usually recommend movies over books, but this is an exception!

Jennwhite said...

I'm not even so sure about the movie, I fell asleep when we watched the DVD. Thanks for the honest reviews - I had no interest in this book!